Aokigahara Aokigahara

Wow, this is amazing! I totally agree with the timing of the drums and the overall progression of the song.

Our Last Hope Our Last Hope

Wow! This sounds exactly like what I'd hear in a video game nowadays. This is perfect! *applauds*

Mattashi responds:

Thank you! :)

Tee & Kyu VS. EnNinja - Rainbow Rush Tee & Kyu VS. EnNinja - Rainbow Rush

This is actually pretty catchy. The intro piano could probably benefit from some reverb and volume variance. It sounds a bit dry. In addition, definitely experiment with panning different sounds as well! Great first song overall!

Tee-and-Kyu responds:

Thanks for the advice! -Tee & Kyu

Base Dance Base Dance

There are quite a few things that can use some improvement.
-The timing of the percussion and melody during the first half is off. Keeping the music consistent in its time is very important.
-It doesn't sound like there's any panning. Panning will definitely give your different instruments and sounds a more noticeable identity. Everything here seems to be colliding with one another, especially as it doesn't sound like there was any major volume control.
-The transitions (around 1:33, 2:00, and 2:27) are very abrupt. Fading the sounds would have worked well.
-The general patterns in the song are somewhat unidentifiable. At some points, they seem consistent, and at other points they sound randomized.
-In the general music, there are many points where the sounds are mixed very unpleasantly. They don't seem to compliment one another's tune (like 2:00). Going one by one to listen to which sounds "match" the music's general tune and what notes need to be altered is also important.
-The ending is very abrupt. With the way the music is generally not consistent in its timing, the ending is just out of the blue.
These things above should definitely be your focus, and don't let my review discourage you. I hope this review will be of a great help! I know you'll get there!

ItsTheGamerEdit responds:

Everyone starts from somewhere. I will take note of this. Thanks for the feedback.

Mystery - ULacezDeeJay Mystery - ULacezDeeJay

The opening is pretty neat. Some notes following the beginning melody (A# to B?) sound quite odd, but since your song is a "mystery", maybe that was intended! Haha.
The transitions are pretty good. Some felt like they were leading to a new, different melody, yet it remained the same. It probably would have been good to switch things up a bit instead of just changing the sound. This is great!

ULacezDeeJay responds:

Yeah, I know it quite odd I made like that, I didn't really have a other idea how to make the beginning melody not like a "Mystery" Hehe xD That was exactly why ;) I changed the synth between 01:10 - 01:39 to make this a different atmosphere of the song, but after exporting I heard the synth was bad from uploading it :P So yeah that would be a good idea to switch thing up instead of changing the sound.

Corrupted by Darkness Corrupted by Darkness

I couldn't agree more with the comments. If this is what you can do when you're bored, then something else you put tons of effort into will definitely be amazing.

TearsOfSadness responds:

Thank you. And sorry for the late reply.

Gross Beat vocal Harmony Gross Beat vocal Harmony

The mixing sounds good. I would have experimented a bit more with the panning. There are times where a few instruments have different placements and times where everything is centered. I would have raised the volume of the vocals a bit to make them a little more clear. Other than that, this is neat!

jenninexus responds:

Oh heya Lodestar thanks for the thoughtful review. :-D I'll try to work on my centering.. I notice sometimes when I'm trying to achieve a certain sound but it's all off lol - and I am indeed a bit shy about the vocals.. so next time I'm working on music I'll apply your words of wisdom. Thanks for listening and stay in touch ! <3

Paradisium Paradisium

This song is pretty neat! The atmosphere is set nicely by the wind. Around the 1:36 mark, it would have been better if you made the piano volume a bit lower to allow the higher notes to sound softer. Other than that, I don't really have much to say about this. Good job!

Hour of Twilight Hour of Twilight

The river noise and crackling fire is a nice touch to the intro. I would have changed the notes accompanying the main melody. They seemed to leave it stale after a while, and it would have been good to compliment the melody as much as possible. I would have also changed the notes a bit later in the song to add more variety, as it feels like it goes on for a tad too long. Ultimately, this is pretty alright! :)

Sillytune responds:

I'm a little bit late with responds, (Month late!), thank you for the input and feedback! It was my first song that i've ever composed ;p

Valley of War Valley of War

Oh boy, this song is making me want to get the game even more now! I've simply skipped out on it for quite some time, although it looks quite appealing. I need to get this soon.
Anyway, boy, oh boy, do I love this one! I, of course, haven't played the game or heard its music, so I can't tell the similarities. Even with that said, I don't even know if I can put my opinion into words. The only thing I feel that could be made better is the panning, as it sounds like the instruments are battling it out for the center. Panning them more to the left or right would have given them a good identity.
Besides that, this is awesome. I also probably feel this way since I'm a sucker for the piano to begin with. I'm really looking forward to hearing more of what you'll come up with!

TearsOfSadness responds:

I see what you mean about the panning. You are right in that everything is focused in the center.
Thank you for listening and reviewing, and I'm glad that this got you into a new hype for the game!